Monday, May 25, 2009

earth + quake

a couple hours ago there was some shaking in japan. i was sitting on my bed and felt a few rumbles. at first i thought it was a big truck going by because sometimes rattles the building but this rattle lasted way longer than a truck. maybe 10 to 15 seconds. i wasn't scared but i was ready to be and got up off the bed trying to think of the safest place in my apartment. a doorway, right? anyways, no damage or anything but it was shaking pretty good. maybe i can catch some news on it tomorrow. it happened at about 8:30 monday night. 

in other news, schools are going well. everyone is so incredibly welcoming, it just makes me want to work hard and be a good help for the staff and the students. i have my first introduction presentation tomorrow. wish me luck! i will be doing it 19 times i calculated, to about 665 students total! yowzers!

1 comment:

mombo said...

Wow, Noelle, an earthquake would be scary. Glad it didn't do any damage. How's your bike? Let's see some more pictures soon. Hope you're having a great week. I miss you!!!!! :)