Saturday, March 20, 2010

day 23 + 1,000 cranes!!!

today i finished my cranes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo hooo, i was so excited as i folded the last few cranes. my friend kim came to my apartment to see the cranes and to take some photos. for the last crane i picked out a bright yellow (my favorite color) hello kitty paper. i wrote my wish on the inside of it and was so giddy as i made the final crane. then i started to string together the rest of the cranes. i had 9 sets of 40 that were not strung together so i finished the day doing that.

i feel really happy to have met my goal of 1,000 paper cranes (and in 23 days at that!). i think it's a pretty crazy thing to do but am really happy to have completed my 1,000 paper cranes. next i will carefully package them up and airmail them back to oregon where i will figure out how i want to display and hang the strings of cranes. i am looking forward to showing everyone my hard work once i am home! i will never, ever forget how to fold a paper crane.

YAY!!!

folding crane 1,000

the last few cranes. the final crane was yellow hello kitty paper, my favorite.

crane 1,000!

me and some of the cranes on the strings!


total count: 1,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mombo said...

Noellie,
You did it! You did it! I knew you would and I hope you're very proud of yourself for accomplishing this goal. I was in a small gift shop and saw packaged single paper cranes selling for $4.95 each! Pretty crazy. They were beautiful and so are your cranes!
I can't believe you're coming home is less than a week. YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love and miss you and love the cranes!