Thursday, February 11, 2010

last + day

well... it's the night before the last day of classes at my main school. i am pretty ready to finish up and start preparing to return to america but i am definitely sad to say goodbye to some of the adorable faces at school. the kids are so sweet and i will miss them. i wish i would have gotten to interact with them more over the year and do more teaching but c'est la vie. i have been taking some extra photos so i can remember everyone and everything for years to come. tomorrow will probably feel a bit surreal. i wrote little notes for each of the teachers i worked with and for the vice principal and principal. i am also taking andes mints as a goodbye treat. my grammie used to always have andes in her fridge so they are sort of a comforting, sentimental candy for me :) i hope they like them. it's only a small token but it's the thought that counts, right?

this photo is from my 1-day-a-week school. i am already all finished up over there! i was sad walking out the door but i will always remember my time there! :)

1 comment:

mombo said...

Noelle,
I know you're sad leaving the kids and that's a good sign that they got into your heart and so much of teaching comes from the heart! I"m proud of you for
completing this year assignment and following through with your commitment. I know it was hard to go back after winter break. You'll be back home in about 40 days. Enjoy your last few weeks in Japan. Love and miss you tons!!!!!