Friday, March 13, 2009

portland, oregon - noelle

well, my take-off is fast approaching. everything seems to be in order for my departure to japan. i still don't know what city i will be in yet or the details of my teaching position. if i don't find out before training, i will arrive in tokyo and do work there (either office or teaching assignments) until a position opens up elsewhere and then i would be off to wherever they put me. i would love to be in tokyo for more than just a weekend so i am okay with this plan, technically i would be considered an alternate.

last night i got an email saying my required visa paperwork was fedex-ed from tokyo. it should arrive tomorrow (it was in alaska when i tracked it today). i then take it (along with an application, a photo and my passport) to the portland japanese consulate where they process the actual working visa i will need in japan. i guess it is just a stamp in my passport. the timeline for all of this was getting down to the wire. this paperwork wasn't slated to arrive until next week so now i feel ahead of schedule! since it was such a tight timeframe, i haven't bought my airline ticket yet. after i drop my application off and know how long that process should take, i will buy my flight. the one i have been eyeing is a direct one-way on northwest leaving on march 29th. only 9.5 hours long!!! i keep telling my mom she could be there in only a half day if she really needed to see me. ok, so it isn't as easy as cruising down i-5 for a quick eugene visit but it could be done if necessary, right? ;)

p.s. - i am going to miss that beautiful view of mt. hood!

1 comment:

Peanut said...

So, so jealous. Seriously.